Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

General

My beloved Torch Trinity students,

I pray for the Lord’s richest blessings upon you all in 2015. About this time every year the Tuition Evaluation Committee is called to discuss the issues of tuition increase. The committee, which consists of the representatives of faculty members students and outsiders, meet together and evaluate the current and future tuitions. I am keenly aware of the challenges of annual tuition raise to the students. The committee discussed and agreed to raise 1.45% for 2015, which is lower than the previous years, in view of the national consumer index. Such a decision for a raise is always difficult, but the tuition in the total budget of the school covers only 53%, while the larger portion depends upon the donations from outside resources. This is the smallest increase possible. So I covet your understanding and prayers for this new academic year.

I have a good news to share with you. As you know, we have now a beautiful addition of classrooms for you, which all of you appreciate. But you also know that we had still a debt of $800,000 out of $2,000,000 left to pay back the loan. I am happy to announce that our loan has been completely paid off at the end of the last year. A good lady whom I have known for a long time visited me and brought me $1,000,000, with which we paid of the debt and established a scholarship fund in her name for three students a semester. God has been gracious to us. The name of the Lord be praised. This lady lived most of her life alone and is suffering Pakinson’s disease today. The donation was all the money she has saved throughout her life and decided to give it to the Lord for His work. Because of her goodness we saved the interest of $600,000, which should be paid over the next ten years for the entire loan. So we are now able to start the new academic year with no debt. We pray that since the Lord has been gracious to us all, the future leaders of His kingdom rise up from this school and go out to transform the world in the power of the Holy Sprit.

February 6, 2015
Dr. Sang-Bok David Kim
President
Torch Trinity Graduate University

자랑스러운 횃불트리니티 학생 여러분께,

2015년 한 해 동안 하나님의 은총이 여러분에게 풍성하시기 바랍니다. 매 해 이 맘 때가 되면 등록금심의위원회가 소집이 됩니다. 교직원대표와 외부인사 그리고 학생대표 등으로 구성되어 금년도 등록금 인상문제를 검토 토론 합니다. 경제가 어려운 지금 등록금인상은 여러분에게 부담이 될 줄 압니다만 올해 등록금심사위원회에서는 다른 해 인상률보다는 낮은, 최소한의 물가인상률을 적용하여 2015년 등록금을 1.45% 인상하는 것으로 결정을 했습니다. 늘 힘든 결정이지만 현재 본교 전체 예산중 등록금이 차지하는 비율은 약 53% 정도이며, 많은 부분을 기부금에 의존하는 것을 고려하여, 부족한 예산대비 최소한의 인상률을 결정한 바, 이를 감안하여 재학생 여러분들에게 많은 이해와 기도를 간구합니다.

한 가지 감사한 것은 그 동안 저희 학교의 아름다운 새 강의동 건축으로 인해 발생한 차입금 20억 중 아직 남은 8억원을 작년 말에 완전히 갚았습니다. 하나님께서 특별한 은혜를 우리에게 허락하셨습니다. 혼자서 평생을 살아오신 한 여자 집사님이 자신의 몸에 파킨슨병을 안고 외롭게 어려운 삶을 살아 오셨는데 일생 저축해 오시던 현금 전부를 저에게 가져오셨습니다. 이 헌금으로 차입금을 다 갚고 일부를 그 분의 명의로 장학금을 만들어 1년에 여섯 명의 학생들에게 줄 수 있게 되었습니다. 앞으로 10년 동안 차입금을 갚아가야 했는데 이번에 다 갚음으로서 최소한 6억원의 이자를 절감할 수 있었습니다. 이 귀한 분을 통해 허락하신 하나님의 놀라운 은총이 저희에게 나타나 2015년을 가벼운 마음으로 출발하게 되었습니다. 좋으신 하나님을 함께 찬양하십시다. 이 해도 저희 학교와 여러분에게 은혜를 베풀어 주셔서 이 세대를 위한 귀한 주님의 사역자들이 일어나 성령의 도우심으로 큰 영적 변혁을 일으키는 여러분 모두가 되시기를 간절히 기도합니다.

2015년 2월 6일
횃불트리니티신학대학원대학교
김상복 총장