Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

Who's Who

2015.01.29 Views 491

Interview with Ringphami Kengoo

I was born in a small village called Hoomi, 40 kilometres away from Ukhrul Town (Nagalim), India . I belong to Tangkhul Baptist Association. I was born into a Christian family. I have one elder sister, an elder brother and three younger sisters.

I committed my life to Jesus as my personal Savior in April 1986. By God's grace, I was actively involved in Students Christians Ministry during my college years. Since 1992 I began to seriously pray for my career, and the Lord called me to full-time ministry. So, in January 1996, I joined DTS, YWAM Pune, India . In June of the same year, I was admitted BD course for four years at Union Biblical Seminary Pune (UBS), India . During my internship of 7 months, I worked with Evangelical Graduates Fellowship, Mumbay ( Bombay ). This was an eye opener for urban ministry. After I graduated from UBS, I worked with New Life Ministry, Shillong as an office assistant and youth leader. In 2001, God called me for pastoral ministry in Delhi . I joined Tangkhul Christian Fellowship, Delhi in 2001. I had the privilege of sharing salvation of Jesus Christ with many people. Hundreds of people were saved and others were spiritually strengthened by the power of God. I worked with them until August 21, 2005 and I came to Korea on August 22, 2005.

Korea is a clean, beautiful country. TTGST is a nice Spirit- filled Evangelical seminary. The students, professors and office staff are very friendly. I see a real Christian environment in this institution. I praise God for that.

It is the Lord who showed me this school. I had the desire to study in Asia , and this is one of the most generous colleges that give full scholarship toforeign students.

The Lord has given me a big heart for my people. I am called for home missions - like Apostle Peter, who was for the Jews. I want my people to be transformed spiritually, educationally and economically. I have a vision to train my people?young and old? for God's Mission . After I complete my studies, I will go back to India and start a Christian mission centre for leadership training and evangelism.

Kindly uphold me in your prayer to be fully trained, and to accomplish God's mission in my short life. India 's Christian population is still too very low, at around three percent. Please pray that many people will open up to the Gospel and change their lives.

&< br /&gt;
"