TSMS (Torch Strategic Mission Scholarship)
From the school's inception, the founders of Torch Trinity Graduate University envisioned a theological graduate school that would contribute significantly to the global Christian movement by training leaders from the majority world where the gospel has least penetrated and quality theological education is least accessible.
Basic qualifications for applying for TSMS are as follows:
A. The applicant must meet all the qualifications for admissions for any master's degree program at Torch Trinity.
B. The applicant must be a native of a strategic mission country with a vision to plant/build the church there or another place of equal strategic value.
C. The applicant must demonstrate financial need beyond the applicant's, applicant's family's, or other possible sources' ability to meet.
D. The applicant must apply from a missionally strategic country.
|01 Degrees Available|
|*Currently, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) applicants are NOT eligible for TSMS. These applicants must apply under other scholarships for international students.|
|02 Applicant Qualifications|
If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Officer. Do not ask alumni because guidelines change yearly.
A. Qualifications. Applicants must have the following qualifications
|03 Admission Procedure & Schedule|
A. Applicants for TSMS must submit the ONLINE PRE-APPLICATION prior to the actual application for admission. Online pre-application provides the preliminary documentation necessary to demonstrate that a prospective international student has the proper educational qualifications and ministry experiences, as well as a ministry plan for the period after his/her study at Torch Trinity. Only those who pass the pre-application evaluation are eligible to submit the application forms and other required documents for TSMS admissions.
1. Period: February 1 to May 10, 2018
A. Those who pass the pre-application evaluation need to submit their application form and required documents to the Admissions Office by the application due date by POST only. Forms are available on the school website. If you have difficulty accessing the website, please ask the Admissions Officer to send forms to you by email or by post.
1. Period: July 1 to August 31, 2018
2. Application packages should be sent by post on or before August 31, 2018.
C. Forms Download
1. Click "Admissions Forms" on www.ttgu.ac.kr > Admissions > Admissions Forms
2. If you have difficulty accessing the website, please ask the admissions officer (email@example.com) to send forms to you by email or by post.
D. Required Documents (all documents listed below are required. No exceptions.)
1. TSMS Application (use provided form)
2. Personal Statement (use provided form)
3. Two Recommendation Letters (use provided form)A. Pastor B. Professor or Church Leader/Employer
4. Official Certificate of Graduation Must be submitted after being notarized either by Apostille standard or the Korean Embassy or Consulate. * Please refer to section G below
5. Official Transcript
Must be submitted after being notarized either by Apostille standard or the Korean Embassy or Consulate.
* Please refer to 2. Documents Verification below
Foreign transcripts, including records of all courses, examinations, grades, grading scales, and conferrals of degrees, must be in English.
6. Original TOEFL Score or IELT substitute or TTGU Alternative (TTGU Alternative under exceptionally extenuating circumstances)
Minimum Scores: TOEFL-PBT 530/ TOEFL-CBT 197/ TOEFL-iBT 71/ IELTS 5.5/ TEPS 600 which was taken in 2 years
Alternative test results are only temporary and cannot be used to maintain the candidacy in the program. Students are required to submit the officially recognized test results before entering the program.
Please write to the TSMS admissions officer to petition for alternative tests. Be aware that due to the competitive nature of the scholarship, you are strongly advised to submit the official test results to increase the chance of acceptance.
7. Passport-Size Photos (3)
8. Scholarship Application (use provided form)
9. Copy of your passport
E. Applications Submission
1. Mailing Address: TSMS Admissions Office Torch Trinity Graduate University 70 Baumero 31-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea 06752
F. Any incomplete document or missing information cannot be considered for evaluation. Once you submit your application package, documents therein cannot be changed or returned.
G. Accreditation Certification Approval of Overseas University
*Universities in country of Apostille Treaty: Please submit an apostille upon Certificate of graduation and Official transcript
※Updated list of Contracting States (www.hcch.net/en/home)
*Universities in other countries: Please submit an approved Certificate of graduation and Official transcript with an overseas university accreditation letter by local Korean Embassy/ Consulate
*Universities in U.S.: Please submit an accreditation certificate from Korean-American Educational Commission (Tel. +82-2-3275-4000) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA,www.chea.org)
*Universities in China: Please submit an approved certificate of graduation and official transcript in English from
|06 Finalist Interview|
A. After the paper screening process, the evaluation committee will have a phone or Skype (online video) interview with the selected applicants.
1. Interview Period: September 27 to 28, 2018
2. Between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm (Korea Standard Time)
|07 Admissions Confirmation|
A. Admissions Confirmation Package & Medical Reports
1. Those who passed the application and interview stages are asked to submit the following documents to the office by October 26, 2018
*Notice of Intention
*Signed TSMS Covenat.
2. Medical Insurance Fee Deposit - After sending the admissions package to TTGU, applicants are to transfer a deposit, the first three months of Korea's National Health Insurance (roughly USD 150), to a designated school account.
B. Documents for Visa Application - Upon receiving the health insurance deposit, the school will send the necessary documents to recipients for their student visa applications.
|08 Tuition and Fees|
|Full scholarship covers tuition, as well as room and board. Individual students are responsible for all other expenses incurred during their studies at Torch Trinity including books, public transportation, and personal expenditures.|
|All TSMS recipients (including partial scholarship recipients) are required to stay in the dormitories for the duration of their degree program. The Admissions Office will handle this part of their scholarship.|
|As you can imagine, life away from home for several years will certainly include excitement and adventure, but sometimes also loneliness and discouragement, especially from adapting to the rigors of academic discipline and unfamiliar cultural aspects. Torch Trinity expects that each TSMS student will not only acknowledge these realities, but also to have the basic physical, psychological, and spiritual wellbeing to successfully finish their study and training. Applicants are responsible to perform basic research on what life in Korea would be like including weather, food, and culture. If you have concerns, please contact the Admissions Officer during the application stage (firstname.lastname@example.org).|
|Updated on March 2, 2018|