logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

General

Letter from the President 총장서신

March 23, 2020

Dear TTGU students,

Greetings in the name of the Lord!

Despite COVID-19, the Spring semester has started. We are faced with a very different teaching environment. I myself have set up a Google Classroom and started communicating with my class students. It has been an enjoyable experience thus far. By now I trust that you have visited your online classes and have checked them out. I hope you can take this opportunity to learn new things as you navigate the google and zoom classroom. For those who are well-versed in technology, I ask that you help out your fellow students while maintaining social distancing.

There were reports in the media of online classes being shut down, a lack of connection with professors, and issues with the microphone. TTGU is well aware of these potential technical difficulties and we are doing our best to provide an online class experience that is as smooth as possible. Our dorm internet server capacity has been magnified by five times its original capacity. Our staff members are sending out detailed guidelines. Our faculty members are working very hard as they record and prepare for their classes. Please express your appreciation for all their hard work when you have a chance. We ask for your understanding and patience as we navigate any technical challenges that may arise.  

This is an unprecedented pandemic situation. Many people are sinking into deep depression, despair, emotional upheaval, anxiety, and restlessness as they try to cope in this crisis. Let us encourage one another during these times. Let us exercise our spiritual maturity and unite in prayer for not only our classes, staff, and faculty members but also for all of us to seek the Lord’s sovereign insight.

Corrie ten Boom said, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” She also said, ““If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. If you look at God you’ll be at rest.”

My prayer is that this semester can turn out to be one of the most inspiring semesters as we look above for His comfort and guidance more than ever. I pray that the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:7).

We shall overcome! Have a wonderful semester!

Blessings,

Yoon Hee Kim

President of TTGU

횃불트리니티 신학생들에게,

주님 안에서 평강으로 문안합니다.

COVID-19의 상황에서도 2020봄학기가 드디어 개강 되었습니다. 이번 학기의 강의 환경은 많은 학생들에게 낯설 것입니다. 저도 구글 클래스룸에 과목을 설치하고 학생들하고 소통하기 시작해 보았는데 새로운 경험인 것 같습니다. 횃불트리니티 학생 여러분도 지금쯤 온라인 수업에 다 방문해 보았을 것이라 믿습니다. 이번에 구글 클래스룸와 줌(Zoom)을 통한 강의를 배워보는 것도 아주 좋은 기회라 여겨집니다. 컴퓨터나 테크에 익숙한 학생들은 온라인 상에서 이런 분야에 익숙하지 않은 학생들을 지원해 주고 서로 도와주는 분위기가 되면 좋겠습니다.

다른 대학들이 먼저 온라인 강의한 것이 미디어 리포트에 보도된 것을 보면 서버가 Shut Down되거나, 교수님들이 온라인에 들어오지 못해서 수업이 지연되거나, 마이크가 작동이 안 되는 등 다양한 문제들이 노출되고 있습니다. 이런 문제들이 우리 신학교에서는 안 생기기를 바라고 있습니다. 그것을 위해 기숙사 인터넷 서버 용량을 5배로 증가시켰으며, 행정직원들은 열심히 여러분에게 가이드라인을 보내고 있습니다. 교수님들도 처음 해 보시는 분들이 많아서 열심히 녹음하시고 PPT 만드시면서 강의준비에 심혈을 기울이고 계십니다. 그럼에도 불구하고 기술적인 문제나 여러 이슈들이 발생할 수 있습니다. 그럴 때에 서로 이해하고, 인내하고, 격려해 주고, 상황에 감사하는 문화와 분위기를 만들어 주기를 부탁드립니다.

이와 같은 위기 상황에서 우리의 영성이 더욱 시험대에 오르기 쉽습니다. 서로 계속적으로 격려하는 분위기 속에서 모든 것이 잘 진행될 수 있도록 기도합시다. 또한 이 시대를 향한 하나님의 뜻을 구하며 위의 것’(set your hearts on things above)을 찾는 우리가 됩시다 (3:1).

코리텐붐은 다음과 같은 말을 했습니다. 영어의 뉘앙스가 너무 좋아서 영어로 인용합니다; “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” 또한 이런 말도 했습니다: “If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. If you look at God you’ll be at rest.”

이런 마음자세로 하나님의 은총과 인도하심을 바라보는 학기를 보낸다면, 이번 학기가 가장 은혜와 위로가 넘치는 학기가 될 것이라 믿습니다. 모든 지각에 뛰어난(transcends all understanding) 하나님의 평강이 그리스도 예수 안에서 여러분의 마음과 생각을 지키실 것을 축원드립니다 (4:7).

멋진 봄학기 보내기 바랍니다. 주안에서 승리하십시오!

김윤희

횃불트리니티신학대학원대학교 총장