Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

Who's Who

2015.01.29 Views 391

Interview with Isaac Kwasi Asante

I was born in 1957 in a Christian family. I am the youngest of my mother ' s four and the sixth of my father ' s fifteen children. However, it wasn ' t 1979 when I personally met Jesus Christ after reading Run Baby Run , the biography of Nicky Cruz. In 1984, I married Naomi and we have with three children, 2 boys and a girl. I went on to be trained at Christian Service University College in Kumasi, Ghana and earned a Diploma in Biblical Studies in 1991, the same year in which I was commissioned as a Baptist Minister and later ordained in 1997. I later went on to earn a B.A. in Theology in 2000.

God has been good. Ever since, 1991, I have had the privilege of serving as a pastor. I have also had the opportunity to teach at Christian Service University College from 1994-2000 and also serve as a Partnership Development Officer from 2001-2004. I have also served as a Literature Development Officer of the Publications Department of the Ghana Baptist Convention from 1997-2004 and as a Partnership Development Officer of the Ghana Baptist Convention in 2005.

I came to Korea to study and have observed that though Christians are the minority, there is a strong Christian presence in Korea . Torch Trinity has an excellent academic profile, which is combined effectively with chapel and small group meetings for spiritual formation. My study period in Torch has provided me with one of the most memorable encounters I have had with my Lord. Upon graduation, I will go back to Ghana to serve the Ghana Baptist Convention, either at the Headquarters or as a professor at the Ghana Baptist University all the while serving as a pastor.

"