Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

Who's Who

"

Interview with Steven Martinolich (Canada) M.Div

Please tell us about yourself.

Hi, my name is Steven Martinolich. I am from Canada, married, and have two children, a daughter and a son with a third baby on the way. God has been pouring His blessings upon me and my wife, and we both just pray He continues to reveal Himself to us daily. We both are willing, and working on being able, to follow His mighty purpose for our lives.

How did you encounter Christ?

I was a Christian all my life, but I truly encountered Jesus 12 years ago. I was alone, and simply asked Jesus the question, “Who am I and why am I here?” At that time I was searching for my purpose. He came to me, led me, and showed me fantastic things. I have spent these last 12 years growing and being transformed to slowly realize what was shown.

Did this encounter change your life in any way?

Yes. I was never the same. The Bible came alive, my life came alive, and most awesomely, Jesus came alive. Before He was not that real to me, but since then and until now, my relationship with Jesus is as real as the earth beneath my feet. And I pray the Holy Spirit continues to teach and reveal our Lord to me.

How did you come to Torch Trinity?

My family was all set to move to Canada to study our M.Div. We sent all of our money, had tickets, and everything else set. I was waiting over two years to get back home. Suddenly one day my wife, Seong-Ae, told me there is a school in Seoul called Torch Trinity where we can study our M.Div. in English. While she was speaking tears came pouring out of my eyes in deep emotion. For me, this meant that I must go to Torch Trinity. This has always been confirmation of God's leading for me. And so, here we are!

What is your current Ministry involvement?

I am an assistant Pastor for Calvary Church in Bungdang. I am ministering to English speaking adults, as well as leading Bible Study, leading adult ESL class, co-leading prayer group, and I help manage and implement teaching and assessment strategies for the Calvary Pre-School.

What are your future plans/vision and mission?

In my heart I hope to be a missionary in Africa. My deep desire is to live in Ethiopia and plant churches, and raise and support Kingdom Workers. But, last year I was given an amazing vision in Japan. The light of Jesus Christ came and like the parting of the Red Sea, millions of demons parted for the Lord to touch that land and claim it as His. It is difficult to find if I should follow my heart, or vision, but I will continue to pray and seek direction.

How is Torch Trinity preparing you for your calling?

There are hundreds of people with a missionary heart from many different cultures of the world. That really should say it all. The true body of Christ, the world, is easily seen here. I am also able to focus my studies on Missions while still completing my M.Div. There are also Vision Groups, and Small Groups that have allowed me to get to know and experience my brothers and sisters from all over the world. And, because of the uniqueness of this school as an English school of theology, the professors have been blessed with giving us all lots of grace and love!!! In a nutshell, Torch Trinity is a community of struggles, grace, transformation, and coming together that prepares me for my Ministry in Christ.

?

?