Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

Who's Who

Interview with Biruk Gebretsadik Haile

This is Biruk Gebretsadik Haile of Ethiopia. I was born into a large family and have five siblings. I grew up in an Ethiopian Orthodox church and received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord in 1996. I am the only one in our family who belongs to the Evangelical church. My church gave me a scholarship to study in Kenya where I earned a B.A degree in Theology. I am trained teacher by profession and I am also an amateur writer. My impression of Korea is that Koreans are diligent, disciplined and strictly ethical people. They respond to God's call to send out missionaries to different parts of the world but they need to improve on integrating the global mission with the local mission field. I believe God has commissioned this nation for such a purpose. Torch Trinity emphasizes the maintenance of high quality spirituality and offers a good atmosphere for international interaction, quality education, qualified teaching staff and a well equipped library. I commend Torch Trinity for making it possible for giving me a scholarship to study here. My future plan is to put the education I acquire into practice by teaching fellow Ethiopian Christians and helping the hurting people come to terms with themselves and to ultimately know God. I also hope to establish a counseling center in Ethiopia working hand in hand with concerned organizations to pursue an advanced study on behavioral sciences. I hope to ultimately bring glory to God in all I do.

?

"