Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

Who's Who

2015.01.29 Views 334

Interview with Mary Gilberg

1.What makes you come to TTGST

After university, God led me to Korea through my campus ministry Bible study leader who had come here two years previously. She recommended me as the kindergarten teacher at Global Christian School where I taught for two years. God, then brought me to Torch Trinity by confirming this direction through prayer, the Word, and a visiting missionary.

2. your time at TTGST

TTGST has provided me with an opportunity to live in a Christian community where I have been blessed and challenged through classes, life in the dorm, and serving on the Student Council. Torch has certainly been an international experience as I have the opportunity to be taught and stretched by professors and classmates from different cultural heritages.

3. Your current ministry involvement and future plans

One of my classmates at TTGST started a church with her husband and she invited me to be trained as a children's Pastor. My future plans are to strive to be faithful with everything that God gives me, to fix my eyes on Jesus in hopeful expectation of how He will lead me, and trust Him for the results.

4. How is TTGST preparing you for your calling?

?My calling is to minister to women and children through education. TTGST has been training me and developing this calling, especially as I write a Christian education thesis on elementary curriculum in international Christian schools. The burden of my heart is to share the Gospel as described in Isaiah 61:1- The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.

"