Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

Who's Who

2015.01.29 Views 2860

Interview with Pierre Tannous

My name is Pierre Tannous. I was born in 1976 and raised in Haifa, Israel and I am an Arab Christian.

In 1981 my father accepted Jesus as his Savior. His conversion changed his life and ours radically. Deep inside I knew that my father was on the right path and I knew that Jesus Christ was the only Savior. However, when I was 11 years old I left the church for a 10 year journey in the “world”. I was looking for happiness which I didn’t find. I knew I was a sinner and that I needed Jesus but I was afraid to commit my life to Him because of the fear of rejection from my friends and society . I was waiting for something to happen or for an opportunity to come. On 12/21/1997 this opportunity came, 4 days before Christmas and after 3 weeks of stress, I said these simple words, “Lord, I won’t go on with this life without you”. My life was never the same. Since then, my life has had two main purposes. The first is to know God and the second is to make Him known to others.

I began attending the church that my father pastors (Assembly of God Church, Haifa) and I had great desire to study the Word of God. After 2 years, I became the youth & young adults’ minister. While working with youth and preparing for the youth meetings I felt that my desire was to teach the Word.

In Israel I was involved in three main ministries:

• Youth ministry in my church as the youth leader.
  • Fellowship of Christian (Arab and Jewish) Students in Israel (affiliated with IFES). A member of the advisory committee and the treasurer of the fellowship.
  • A member of an interdenominational youth committee that holds events to unite all young people from different denominations and backgrounds.

In 2004 I visited South Korea for the first time with a Korean missionary who introduced me to Torch Trinity and recommended that I study here. In spring 2005, I began my studies in Torch Trinity to earn a M.Div degree. Today I’m in my fifth semester and I sense that God is working in my life and that my life has changed through my experience here. My plan is to go back to my country and serve the Lord in my local church and teach in Bible schools. Please pray that God will direct me to the place where He wants me to serve him.

Thank you.

Pierre Tannous

?

?

?

?

"