Skip to menu

logo

News

Teaching the Word! Changing the World!

TTGU in Media

2015.01.29 Views 270

?

TTGST Open House 2007

On Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, Torch Trinity Graduate School of Theology held an Open House for prospective students. Around 170 visitors gathered in Gentleness Hall and Room 101 for the morning orientation, which began with a welcome from our Academic Dean, Dr. Jung-Sook Lee. Information on TTGST's vision, academic programs, curriculum and admissions for 2008 was shared in a video presentation.
Prospective and current students gathered together for worship in Joy Hall. During the worship service, special music performances were presented by TTGST’ s international students and the ministry dance team. The message was given by our guest speaker, Dr. Young-Gil Kim, President of Handong Global University.
Back in Gentleness Hall, visitors and professors gathered for a Q&A session over drinks and sandwich. After lunch, prospective students were allowed to sit in and observe classes as the Open House came to a close.
The event was a huge success as reflected in the largest number of visitors since TTGST first opened just under a decade ago. Below are some of the interviews taken with prospective students.
* How did you hear about or come to know TTGST?
1. Through internet web page
2. Friends and pastors
3. Onnuri church.
4. Radio advertisement (Far East Broadcasting Corp.)

* Why do you feel called to come to TTGST?
""God is leading me to missions in some capacity; whether to a pastoral or teaching role, I’m not sure yet. But I have one life to live and I want to be prepared and well equipped. For an educator to be effective, he needs to know the best ways to teach; and for a chef, he needs to know what ingredients to add and take out. To me, ministry is not just about having desire. Desire is what led me here; but years of training (formal training) is paramount.""
""I just finished my B.A. in Theology at Hansae University and have been serving as a part-time youth pastor at Yoido Full Gospel Church for the past two years. Being half Korean (my mother is Korean), I came to Korea to find my identity and I ended up finding Jesus. I am excited about starting my studies at TTGST, that’ s of course, if they’ll accept me. Actually, I’m already starting to like it here.""
* What was your initial impression of the open house and TTGST in general?
""I thought that the open house was very informative. In regards to the school, I liked the international feel and to be in a room with so many people from different nations with the same vision and heart was encouraging. The vision of TTGST, to train and equip people in a way, was like new wine.""
""Even though the campus and number of Western students was smaller than I expected, I was surprised at the range of international students. For me, one of the strongest points of TTGST is to be able to learn in English.""
""Variety (ethnical) is the power of this school, I think. People from different nations make the school look young and live. Even just an one-day visit gives me a great opportunity to taste 'culture buffet.'""

""Students and professors are kind. Enthusiastic welcome was very impressive. Even though English speaking atmosphere was unfamiliar, it is always good to be motivated to use English.""

""Unlike authoritative professors of other schools, TTGST professors are friendly. (Unexpected friendliness from professors was a shock!) It is comfortable to be with them.""

""The Class observation helped my decision to choose this school.""

In summary,
1. Open house was very informative
2. Learning in English is strong point
3. People from different nations and background make the school young and live.
4. Students are kind.
5. Difficult to understand but challenged to use English
6. Open minded attitude from professors (unlike professors of other seminaries)
7. Class observation helps applicant’s decision

TTGST greatly appreciate all of you who came and participated in the open house 2007.

"